DataFlux releases version 2.2 of data management platform
2 Dec 2011: Data management solutions provider DataFlux has released the latest version of its data management platform, a single platform for data management, data quality and data integration. Version 2.2 provides enhanced master data management (MDM) capabilities and adds features to allow business analysts and data stewards to initiate and manage enterprise data governance initiatives.
Major enhancements include an integrated approach to MDM and a set of web-based offerings that help business users, data stewards, project managers and IT teams collaborate more effectively to manage business and reference data. Web-based dashboards and monitoring tools allow data governance and data stewardship teams to create more refined controls on data – and provide a way to communicate the health of corporate data – by creating standards that help ensure that data is accurate, reliable and fit for purpose.
By providing a unified solution for business and IT users to plan, manage and analyze business-critical information, DataFlux says the Data Management Platform enables organisations to more effectively establish and enforce uniform standards for enterprise data – a critical component for data governance and MDM. The latest release of the Data Management Platform also features improved data matching and data discovery capabilities.
The latest version was tested in real-world environments over a six-month-long period as part of the company's early adopter program, generating feedback that helped shape the development cycle.
New in v2.2:
- Master Data Management Foundations: This new feature extends the easy-to-use DataFlux Data Management Studio interface by providing an integrated, intuitive approach for building MDM hubs. Without acquiring and integrating additional technologies, users can begin a phased approach to MDM for entities such as household, organisation, person, policy, product and supplier.
- Business Data Network: This web-based product serves as a centralised repository to manage the critical terms used in an organisation to run the business. Business teams and data governance councils can define and manage terms once – and extend those throughout the company. Business Data Network includes role-based access, lineage, security and history to maintain control and visibility for the management of a business glossary.
- Reference Data Manager: In addition to the ability to define and orchestrate data management processes throughout the business, this web-based product allows business users to create and manage hierarchies, with definitions, entities and relationships clearly defined.
- Dashboard Viewer and Monitor Viewer: Access configurable at-a-glance summaries, trend views and KPIs on data quality and data management processes within the organisation with these web-based tools. This can expand the visibility of data management initiatives to more business users throughout a company.
- Unstructured data access: As organisations increasingly add forms, old business records or invoices to data management programs, the need to extract and rationalise data from these sources is increasingly important. The latest release of the Data Management Platform extends its unstructured data access and contextual extraction features to quickly capture this information and incorporate it into existing data management processes.
“For too long, data has been managed in separate silos – each with independent teams using a variety of tools and approaches for data quality,” said Tony Fisher, president and CEO of DataFlux. “Effective data management requires a cohesive framework with enterprisewide policies, robust technology that supports those policies and collaboration between business and IT to make the new processes effective. The Data Management Platform supports each of these needs to help companies rapidly achieve successful MDM and data governance programs.”
14 June 2013: Cloud-based marketing software platform provider Marketo has announced the availability of the Marketo Customer Engagement engine, which it claims is the first marketing solution that intelligently and automatically manages the timing and distribution of the right content, to the right person at the right time.
13 Jun 2013: Kognitio and Celebrus Technologies marke the anniversary of a strategic collaboration that provides one of the largest global manufacturers in the world with an innovative solution for digital marketing analytics.
12 Jun 2013: The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing has revealed that student teams from the University of Northumbria and University of Central Lancashire have made it to the top three in the prestigious IDM Student Marketing Competition 2013
7 Jun 2013: Salesforce.com, the world’s biggest CRM platform, has announced an agreement to acquire ExactTarget, the leading cloud marketing platform for around $2.5 bn.
7 Jun 2013: Whisbi, the lead management technology provider, has launches a new product designed to monetise Facebook.
6 Jun 2013: Database Marketing Award-winning customer engagement agency Indicia has expanded with the opening of a new London office.
5 Jun 2013: The London School of Marketing has announced a formal partnership with the Digital Marketing Institute.
1 Jun 2013: Experian insight reveals the location and characteristics of the UK’s growing number of single person households
22 May 2013: – D&B, the world's leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, had made D&B360 available for Oracle CRM On Demand, Oracle's Siebel CRM, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SAP CRM.
20 May 2013: In the third of our special series of articles profiling the database marketing industry, we catch up with Hopewiser, Alchemetrics, Callcredit and greenstone data solutions.
22 May 2013: Insurance provider Ageas has appointed Mark Hanson as Marketing Director for its two over 50s insurance brands, RIAS and Castle Cover.
20 May 2013: Comet Global Consulting, the customer interaction expert, has secured an additional two-year deal with Sky, to further develop and support the company’s customer relationship management and customer interaction systems and operations.
21 May 2013: — Experian has launched a new online credit risk and marketing portal putting a wealth of vital business information at the fingertips of UK SMEs.
8 May 2013: Hector Vass, former Systems Architect in the Customer Lifecycle and Optimisation team at the Lloyds Banking Group, has joined marketing analytics agency Metametrics as Chief Technology Officer.
8 May 2013: The Institute of Fundraising’s Special Interest Group for Insight in Fundraising has announced the shortlist of finalists for the Insight in Fundraising Awards 2013.
8 May 2013: ghd, the UK hair-straightening brand, has seen conversion rates soar as a result of improving the shopping experience on mobile devices using data gathered through Celebrus Technologies’ software.